Gaining muscle: what I eat
Turkey sandwich w/ romaine, pepper, tomato, mustard on whole wheat bread. Carrot sticks w/ almond butter for dipping and dark chocolate
“Salad”: slice of whole wheat toast ripped into pieces, romaine, pepper, turkey, cheese, dijon mustard
April’s peanut flour pancakes topped with some agave and a packet of Justin’s chocolate almond butter
NO these are not all my meals of 1 day, they actually aren’t even all from the same day, ha! I eat 6-7 meals depending on when I do my workout or if it’s a rest day!
As for the paleo thing, I was losing weight… My body does not do well on lower carb “diets” and I couldn’t go long without my beloved oatmeal! I still eat a lot of fresh veggies+fruit, meat, fish, nuts/seeds but I also incorporate oatmeal, bread, peanut butter, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, whey protein and flax cereal (I mix it with yogurt and protein – so good PWO!) I have to say I was more focused with not eating grains and had more energy for the first week but then I just crashed! Once I get some muscle on I may do some more experimenting with it, time will tell.
I also made Christine’s banana bread in cake form! I baked it in a 9×9 for 35 minutes and it came out perfect!!
Banana “cake” topped with peanut butter! So GOOD!
Basic diet outline: (this is for MY body, not yours!!!)
– Around 2300-2400 calories
– 40% carbohydrates/ 30% protein/ 30% fat (zone ratios)
– I don’t count my macros by hand, I use fitday.com… Math is not my strong point!
– At least 20 grams protein per meal
– I take supplements: multivitamin, b-complex, fish oil, glutamine, calcium
– I use whey isolate on days that I am having trouble with protein, or if its leg day!
– I eat right around 35 grams of carbs + 20 grams protein pre and PWO. Usually oatmeal or sweet potato for PWO carbs.
– I DO NOT limit my fruit intake! I do however tend to eat more fruit in the morning/afternoon than night time, just personal preference! I find it gives me more energy and I don’t need that at night time, trust me 😉
– I do eat cruciferous veggies, but I watch my intake because they leave me really full for hours! It’s hard to eat when your full so I find I‘d rather just skimp on eating them for now!!
I’m sure I forgot some stuff but that’s the basics! If you have any questions, feel free to comment or shoot me an email @ email@example.com!
Have you ever tried to purposely gain some muscle weight?
RIGHT NOW… go make the banana bread and peanut pancakes, legit to die for!
Have a wonderful night!