What I eat, and why: part 1
Here is the beginning of my answer to your questions: what do I eat, exactly? I have been vegetarian,vegan, gluten-free and now paleo – any differences? Do I take supplements? I could go on and on (but, if you do have any specific questions I don’t answer, feel free to leave them in the comment section and I’ll be sure to answer them!)
First off, I love food, and eating.
Especially oatmeal & peanut butter!
The mix: oatmeal, vanilla whey, cinnamon, blueberries, strawberries (mushed under the large hunk-a pb, and peanut butter ❤
WHAT I DON’T DO:
– Take creatine
– Count calories (I will every few weeks for 2-3 days to make sure I am getting what my body needs, and that I am consistent with it!)
– “Cheat meals/snacks”. I don’t crave them, ever. Yes, I will eat cake for birthdays ect, but I don’t consider that to be a “cheat” meal. Seeing I allow myself to eat a reasonable amount of chocolate, peanut butter and occasionally other sweet things, eating clean the majority of the time does not bother me in the least.
WHAT I DO:
– Eat 6-7 meals each day. I swear to you I have a bottomless pit for a stomach, I can eat copious amounts of food and be fine by it. Oatmeal eating contest, anyone 😉
– I eat every 2-3 hours, if I don’t do this I get way to hungry and end up feeling really sick!
– Use whey protein/ take a multivitamin, vitamin D, calcium and fish oil.
– Measure macro nutrients: I eat right around 40% protein, 30-35% carbs, 25-30% fat.
– I drink a TON of water, and tea. I especially love green, and yogi chai roobios tea (give it a whirl if you have not tried it!)
– Eat within 45-60 minutes of going to bed! If I don’t do this I will wake up in the wee hours of the morning with the worst stomach ache and nausea. I’ll eat any combination of carbs/protein/fat, I do try for 20+ grams of protein however, but I’m not one too shy away from carbs late at night!
– I own a food scale and weight the majority of my food, I find it keeps me accountable for my workouts.
I am off to have some dinner, thinking steak and veggies! Stay posted for part 2 and probably 3!
Have a wonderful night!